Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Is it still called work if you like it?


I got a job! Well had a job… for a weekend. After dreading the first day of work, I figured it was not worth my time. If I’m only in Melbourne for awhile, why waste my time doing something I absolutely hate. One should never get stuck in the cycle of just doing something because it’s there. It’ll be worth it to take the time and change your job or your life and enjoy it instead of living every awful day just because the sun has risen. I don’t want to live each day as same shit, different day.

It’s funny here. Everyone dresses very casual in jeans and sneakers but is very VERY stuck up. I talked to someone who got fired from his job (same place I worked) for forgetting to bring the pepper shaker to a table. Most people in cafés try to look like they’re not trying when they are desperately sweating to make everything perfect. They’ll dress very scraggily in jeans and Vans but then wouldn’t be caught dead putting the silverware on the wrong side. And if the waiter spilled some coffee on the saucer, he would need to get you a whole new drink!!

I have found worked in a lot more relaxed setting. I have become a math and science tutor! Oh and of course dog walking on the side. This is a lot better work that I actually enjoy! And wow, does Australia pay well! I through my ads up on Craig’s List and Gum Tree and let the customers contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment